Saturday, March 3, 2007

Why I will never recycle my old faxes

I have a fax machine at home. By far, the vast majority of my faxes are junk...Asian trade secrets, once-in-a-lifetime real estate opportunities and the occasional Nigerian foreign minister.

Even though most of my faxes will end up in the trash, I refuse to use both sides of the paper. When I read a fax I don't want the other side bleeding through, forcing me to squint and work extra hard decoding the scrambled text and images from the back.

In addition, most of my faxes never end up in a catch basket. I threw the catchy thing in the trash because it took up too much room. So now, most of my faxes end up on the floor.

When I retrieve a pile of faxes from the floor, I don't want to waste time trying to figure out which side is more current. I don't understand how people who recycle their old faxes are able to sit around for 20 minutes trying to figure out which side they should be reading.

In a way, fax paper is like toilet paper. Unless you're a hippie, you never want to use both sides.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more. The way I see it, you can always grow more trees, but you'll never get that 20 minutes back you wasted sorting all those junk faxes.

Tamale Casa said...

HEY GOOD THINKING! U SHOOD REELY JUST TAKE A BIG SHITTY SHIT ON THE FAXZ. WIPE YOUR ASS ON EM REAL GOOD AND SEND EM TO POOP TOWN (I.E. TENNESSEE).

FLCL2010 said...

You cant just grow trees because at the rate we use them there wont be any. because it takes a looong time to grow trees. Trees good me like oxygen.