Monday, February 19, 2007

Learn to smoke some BBQ and liberals will hate you

Well, when you're ready to ramp up your contribution to global green house gases, this is a fantastic way to start. Man oh man, there is nothing better than a big fat, geasy BBQ smoker with pound after pound of thick smoke pouring from its vents. Simply awesome!

For the past year I've been steadily improving my BBQ skills. I bought a little trash can type water smoker last summer. However, it never seemed to get hot enough. So, this past weekend I decided to step up and join the big boys. I purchased (used on Craigs List for about 30 bucks) a much larger horizontal smoker with a separate fire box.

I started at around 10pm on Saturday and cooked pretty much anything I could defrost, prep and get on the grill fast enough. I even made two separate trips (in my gas guzzling SUV) to the market...just to buy meat for the grill.

By the end of Sunday I had completly burned through 2 full bags of charcoal and about 10lbs of hickory wood.

1 comment:

Tamale Casa said...

DOOD I SERIOUSLY WISH I COULD STAND NEXT TO YOU JUST TO BE ABLE TO BASK IN THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS YOUR PRESENCE! GOD DAMN YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE ELECTED GOD WHEN YOU DIE AND GO UP TO HEAVEN AND HAVE DALE EARNHARDT AS YOUR RIGHT HAND MAN!