Tuesday, February 20, 2007

How to get a stronger shower by removing the flow restrictors

There are strict laws in place that force manufacturers to limit the amount of water that a faucet and/or shower head can deliver in a given amount of time. It is a terrible law that forces God-fearing Americans to suffer through weak showers....the kind of shower that only a prisoner might enjoy.

Before installing a new shower head, I ALWAYS REMOVE THE FLOW RESTRICTORS at the bottom of the shower head inlet. The process is fairly simple and normally requires nothing more than a couple of screwdrivers to remove the parts and punch out the plastic flow restrictor.

With a little work you too can enjoy the strong stream of water you deserve.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe that you and I both know that the entire reason that this country shed so much blood sweat and tears breaking away from England, fighting in world wars, and dealing with hippies, is so that the Federal Government can regulate your water flow in toilets and showers? Don’t you know that all bureaucrats are equal…but some are more equal than others! If you take away that government regulation (that cost each taxpayer 32,000,427.00 in research) this will become a land of total chaos…the worlds water supply will be drained in 3 hours as massive quantities of blue/white gold will cascade out of showers, tubs, and toilets everywhere! Oh the humanity!!!!

/ sarc.

John said...

What I want to figure out is how I can get a commode with a bigger tank. When I flush, I want somebody to panic at the city water department.

Metro said...

I hear you can by those in Canada but they're highly illegal.

ECM said...

I just changed out both shower heads in my house. First thing I did was take them apart and remove those things. I don't want my shower to feel like a gentle spring shower, I want it to feel like a f-ing hurricane.

Tamale Casa said...

MAN THERE"Z NOTHING BETTER THAN GIVING THE WORLD HELL BY USING LOTS OF WATER! THAT'Z WAY KOOL!!!! I WISH U WERE MY DAD!